Some Facts About Elon Musk
Elon Musk is CEO and lead designer of Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (SpaceX), a commercial space exploration company. He is the CEO and product architect of electric automaker Tesla Motors. Chairman of Musk Foundation, an organization supporting research on renewable energy, human space exploration and pediatrics.
- Elon Musk is working to revolutionize transportation both on Earth, through electric car maker Tesla — and in space, via rocket producer SpaceX.
- He owns 21% of Tesla but has pledged more than half his stake as collateral for loans; Forbes has discounted his stake to take the loans into account.
- Twitter’s board agreed to sell the company to Musk for $44 billion on April 25, 2022, after he disclosed a 9.1% stake and threatened a hostile takeover.
- The valuation of SpaceX, Musk’s rocket company has chased $74 billion after a funding round in February 2021.
- He grew up in South Africa, then immigrated to Canada at age 17. He landed in the U.S. as a transfer student to the University of Pennsylvania.