Mango is palatable and succulent fruit, also known as the ‘’king of fruits ‘’. It is famous for its health benefits. Mango is high in nutrients and it is a miracle fruit. It contains vitamin A and C. Mangoes exhibit vital health benefits. They help to prevent various diseases. It is also a good source of fibers, vitamin B6, terpenes, polyphenols, iron, calcium, folate, zinc, vitamin E, C, and A. Although it possesses high sugar content, mangoes provide some quite dazzling perks. It helps to enhance immunity and to protect from multiple diseases.
There are many different types of mango are cropped in Pakistan. Some of the famous varieties of Pakistani mangoes are
- Summer Chaunsa
- White Chaunsa
- Anwar Ratol
- Lal Badshah
Health benefits of mango
Mango has such a unique taste, and it is one of the sweetest juiciest fruits in the world. They help us to prevent multiple diseases like cancer, obesity, diabetes type 2, heart diseases etc. There are multiple health benefits of mango, the miracle fruit. Here are some benefits of it.
Mangoes enhance the immunity
- Mangoes are rich in essential nutrients such as vitamin A, C, E, folate, and B6, etc.
- These nutrients are beneficial for human health.
- There are multiple health benefits of mango.
- They also enhance immunity.
- One cup of mango provides a good amount of nutrients.
- Lack of these nutrients may cause several diseases.
- Previous studies have proved that different parts of the mango tree like leaves, flowers, fruit, and roots show immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, and antifungal features.
They promotes healthy skin
- Mango possesses vital nutrients such as Vitamin C, A, E and antioxidants.
- They prevent you from premature aging.
- Vitamin C intake protect your skin from sagging and also provides elasticity to the skin.
- This fruit brightens your skin.
- It also provides glowing skin when you topically apply it on your skin.
- But, in some people, it causes acne on face. So, they must avoid its high intake.
Mango’s role in eye health
- Mangoes contain zeaxanthin which possesses antioxidant and anti-inflammatory property.
- Zeaxanthin displays a protective role in eye health.
- Zeaxanthin helps to protect from age-related macular degeneration. Mango is also rich in vitamin A which is good for eye health.
Mangoes improve blood sugar regulation
- Although it seems unrealistic that how can a fruit like mango (one of the sweetest fruits in the world) reduce the blood glucose level. But, yes, it does reduces the blood sugar level.
- Several studies have revealed that it helps to decrease the blood sugar level.
- This may be due to the presence of antioxidant compounds which are present in the mango.
- It displays anti diabetic properties.
They may protect against cancer and heart diseases
- Polyphenols are essential compounds present in multiple fruits and vegetable.
- Mangoes also contain these biologically active and antioxidant compounds.
- These compounds may contribute to protect against several diseases like cancer, diabetes type 2 and heart diseases etc.
- Previous studies described that when mouse suffering from breast cancer was feed with mangoes, the results indicated that the growth of breast cancer cells as suppressed.
- Mango possesses fiber, potassium and vitamins .
- These are good for health of arteries.
- Hence, it reduces the risk of heart related diseases.
- Mangoes exhibit anticancer, anti-diabetic and antioxidant properties.