HEC announces undergraduate scholarships for students
- Scholarship will cover tuition, hostel fee, and other expenses amounting to a maximum of Rs240,000 per year.
- Students who wish to apply must be in possession of a G-B domicile/ local certificate.
- Scholarship will be awarded irrespective of the gender, caste, race, or religion of the candidate.
ISLAMABAD: The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has announced undergraduate scholarships for the students of Gilgit-Baltistan.
According to a notification issued by the body, the scholarship will allow students from the region to study in top Pakistani universities and educational institutions.
“Applications are invited from outstanding students from Gilgit-Baltistan who intend to pursue undergraduate studies (four/five years BS programmes) from HEC-recognised public sector universities/ degree-awarding institutions (DAIs),” the notification read.
Titled “Undergraduate Scholarship Programme for the Students of Gilgit-Baltistan in Top Universities/Institutions (Batch-I)”, the scheme is being offered for the academic year 2021-2022 and students from all areas of studies and disciplines will be eligible to apply.
𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐒𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐆𝐢𝐥𝐠𝐢𝐭-𝐁𝐚𝐥𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧— HEC Pakistan (@hecpkofficial) September 26, 2021
Last Date for Applications: October 25, 2021 pic.twitter.com/fk9mYgnVp6
Per the guidelines issued by the HEC, students will have to fulfil certain criteria to be able to avail the opportunity, which would be competitive in nature.
- The students must be in possession of a G-B domicile/ local certificate.
- Applicants must have completed their matric or intermediate degrees at the time of application and preference will be given to those who have completed their studies in G-B.
- Those who are availing any other scholarships will NOT be eligible to apply.
- The scholarship will allow students to seek admission to any public sector university or higher educational institution of Pakistan, however, any expenditure over and above the cost given in PC-I will have to be borne by the students themselves.
- Students must not be more than 23 years of age at the time of application.
- Students will have to meet the HEC and university criteria for admission in BS programmes.
- Short-listing of candidates will be carried out based on their scores in Aptitude Test conducted by HEC’s education testing council, and their academic credentials.
- Candidates must obtain at least 50% marks in the aptitude test.
- Students who are already enrolled in a BS programme in a public university/ institution for a maximum of one year will be able to apply.
- The scholarship will be awarded irrespective of the gender, caste, race, or religion of the candidate.
What will the scholarship cover?
Per the notification, the scholarship will cover the following:
- Tuition, hostel fee, and other education-related expenses amounting to a maximum of Rs240,000 per year.
- A stipend of Rs15,000 per month.
- Books and travel allowance amounting to Rs30,000 per year.
Where to apply?
If you wish to apply for the scholarship, visit https://eportal.hec.gov.pk. Students who wish to apply will have to pay Rs500. Hard copies of the application will not be accepted, therefore, all aspiring candidates will have to apply online.